Saturday, July 23, 2011

Free Range /End of Year Show Exhibition








It was a an amazing experience to be part of the Free Range Art & Design show. It was the very first time I exhibited and I felt slightly proud, as I can never be fully proud of myself. I choose 4 of the photos from my personal project PLANETTREE. The idea behind this small, fun project was to turn my camera away from the everyday, busy life and find a different kind of world, get closer to the things around me and explore. So I ended up photographing bark, interesting looking bark; also having this idea in the back of my mind to make my pictures look somehow like an abstract painting.
Reality has never been appealing to me, always trying to find weird ways to escape. Trying to find a world within a world, a planet on a planet. I like to believe this abstract, close up images of trees have some of the qualities of the work called 'earth from the air', where the scale of things is hard to judge.
All in all it's been an amazing year for me at City of Westminster College and it ended in a brilliant way. I learnt so much about photography in this college year and all I know is that I am prepared to follow photography to the next level :).

No comments:

Post a Comment